Fusion - Better Parents
The Fusion Programme™ - Skills and Strategies for the Family™ is a universal, six-session course (comprising Workbooks, Leader’s Guide and DVD) aimed at equipping families and family professionals with skills and strategies to improve positive communication within the family unit.
There are many courses available that offer similar things to Fusion. However, Fusion like to think that they are a little different to the others. It is an up to date and affordable resource that is easy to lead.
What does a session include?
Each session comprises:
• Icebreaker - Group members have an opportunity to get to know each other.
• Feedback - How group members got on since the last session.
• Introduction - Looking at the topic for the session.
• 'Real life story' - Provided by previous participants on the course.
• Scenario - Small group discussions.
• DVD - Discussion about the session's 'New approach'.
• Skills Practice - Trying out skills and strategies.
• Graphical Mind Map - Helping those who prefer visual learning.
• Taking it home - All participants agree a plan for the week.
The six sessions are entitled:
• Staying calm
Reflection | Who owns the problem?
• Learning to listen
Body language | In-depth conversation | Developing emotional vocabulary | Active listening.
• Encouraging each other
Developing responsibility | Changing "I can't" into "I can" | Noticing each other's strengths | Being specific | Making ourselves an example and developing constructive criticism.
• Planning Family Time
Family meetings | Child-led play | Encouraging healthy relationships | Having Family Time.
• Problem solving
Staying calm | Disobedience is different to mistakes | Choices and consequences | The 'I' word | Children developing problem solving techniques.
• Living it out
Recap of previous five sessions | My Time.